How Novanym’s intelligent startup name generator works
Most startup name generators don’t really deliver - they either produce strange, unpronounceable collections of letters or simply add random letters or words to the end of the keyword you provide. They don’t produce startup names with brand potential. But this is exactly what startup company names need to be: brand names, not just names.
Good startup branding can make the difference between success and failure - it can deliver the credibility that’s vital when raising investment; and the differentiation and engagement that’s crucial to success.
Using our startup name generator is easy:
- Enter a single keyword that best describes your business
- Tell us what sector or industry you are in
- Select the style of name you’re looking for
- We’ll do the rest
Professional, creative branding without the hassle and cost of an agency
A speedy solution to your startup naming problem - just when time is so important
Novanym generates names that are unique, evocative and memorable - brand names, not just names
Every name comes with an exact match .com domain that adds value and credibility
You can even choose from 3 high quality original logo designs
Your startup could be named and branded in just a few clicks
Here are the name options we've generated for you.
Every name is available to buy with an exact-match .com domain and choice of three logo designs.
What makes Novanym's startup name generator different...
Novanym's startup name generator isn't like other name generators. It has the human touch. It doesn’t rely on AI. Instead, it combines a clever systems algorithm with real branding experience and expertise to generate distinctive and evocative startup name ideas, based on your specific criteria.
We’re branding experts and we know a good name when we see it. So when we generate business name options for you, they have already been carefully filtered and curated - and designed to be brand names - not just a set of letters combined by a spreadsheet, and not just random keywords sandwiched together.
When it comes to naming your startup, you want quality options, not weird stuff; fillers; or keyword clichés.
And, most importantly, you'll want to choose a name which has brand potential as well as a perfect, no-compromise .com domain.
Featured namesView all
What makes a great startup name idea?
The best startup names have these key things in common:
- They’re easy to spell and say – which makes them easy to remember
- They avoid being descriptive and bland, and instead generate feelings – which helps customers to connect with a brand
- They focus on originality, because it’s a bad idea to follow the herd. Companies that blend in tend to get ignored
And finally, a strong company name idea is one that’s available with a perfect .com domain – essential for building a brand with long term value.
Find the right name for your startup concept
At Novanym, we spend all of our time generating professional name ideas. It’s all we do.
So if you have a great business idea or have ambitious plans to develop your company – but have found it difficult to find the right name – then you’ve come to the right place. At Novanym you’ll find hundreds of cool startup names for every business sector.
And, vitally, every single Novanym name comes with a no-compromise .com domain, and a logo design. Start browsing for the fantastic name your brilliant startup deserves.
Frequently asked questions
Novanym’s business name generator can produce a list of great business name options, tailored to your needs.
Step 1: All you have to do is enter a single keyword that either describes your business or which sums up the main focus of your business. It’s best not to be too specific with this - for example ‘shoes’ is better than ‘sandals’; ‘jewelry’ is better than ‘bracelets’; and ‘investment’ is better than ‘currency arbitrage’.
Step 2: Then select the industry sector that best describes your business. If you’re not sure - don’t worry, you can come back and try a different option later.
Step 3: Lastly, choose the style of name that you’re looking for. Even though they’re not dictionary words, these invented names can still convey a character or personality …and this can say something about the business behind the name. Only you will know whether you would feel more comfortable with a modern name or a traditional one; a name that’s elegant and stylish or one that conveys a sense of dynamism.
That’s it. We’ll enter these three parameters into our algorithm and generate some great name options for you. The names that we think are our best options are nearest the top - and because our names are not designed to be literal and descriptive, we’ll show you some great name ideas that might be less obvious choices …and you might find some options that work for you anywhere in the list.
If you want to try entering some different options, just choose ‘reset’ at the top of the page and have another go.
Remember, each name we show you is available to buy today with the exact-match .com domain that’s an essential element in building and protecting your brand. You can also choose one of three professional logo designs. With one online purchase you can be named, branded and ready to go.
If you’re trying to pick a great business name from a shortlist, or trying to come up with a name form scratch, you might find this checklist useful:
10 things that make a great startup business name:
1. It’s got an exact match .com - it adds credibility and value
2. It’s short and sweet - easy to say, and easy spell
3. It has a clear pronunciation, even if it’s invented
4. It’s distinctive, but professional (even if it breaks some rules)
5. It has credibility, so avoids puns and humour
6. It’s not a bland set of initials or an acronym
7. It’s suggestive not descriptive
8. It’s ownable, even if it’s not unique
9. It doesn’t paint you into a corner
10. You like it - trust your instincts
In an ideal world, you would come up with a business name yourself. But it’s not easy. Especially when you know you want to have a no-compromise .com domain.
You’re focused on your business and you have big plans - you don’t want to delay things because you don’t have a name.
Buying a brand name solves this problem - fast.
By choosing from a selection of names that have been devleoped by branding experts, you know that the name has the qualities that make an effective business brand name. And you only pay for a name when you know you like it.
And if you buy a name from Novanym you’ll also know that it comes with the perfect .com domain that turns a good business name into a great brand name.
1. Using a .com address tells people that you mean business. All serious businesses use the .com domain. It adds credibility and authority from Day One.
2. Owning the exact match .com can put your mind at rest - it shows that no major-player competitor is using your name, and it’s a great indication that your ideal name isn’t ubiquitous.
3. Owning the .com protects your brand name. No major business is going to use your name in the future, because they can’t own the .com domain.
4. Adding extra words or hyphens to your brand name to create a compromise web address confuses your branding. Your brand name should be the name your customers use when they think or talk about you. Adding a .com to your name doesn’t alter that.
5. It’s the world’s default. The .com domain has been around for over 30 years, so everyone recognises it as a web address.
6. Using a .com address means that your customers and potential customers don’t have anything else to remember. They remember your name, so they’ll remember your web and email addresses, too.
7. It’s global and universal. If your business deals with customers outside of your home country, or might do in the future, operating with a country-specific address could be confusing and limiting.