How Novanym’s intelligent company name generator works
Novanym’s business name generator has the human touch. It doesn’t rely on AI.
Instead, it combines a clever systems algorithm with real branding experience and expertise to generate distinctive and evocative business name ideas, just for you. A robot can’t do that.
Using our name generator is easy:
- Enter a single keyword that best describes your business
- Tell us what sector or industry you are in
- Select the style of name you’re looking for
- We’ll do the rest
We’re branding experts and we know a good name when we see it. So when we generate a business name it’s carefully designed to be a brand name - not just a set of letters combined by a spreadsheet, and not just random keywords sandwiched together.
Professional, creative branding without the hassle and cost of an agency
Novanym generates names that are unique, evocative and memorable - names for humans, not robots
You could be just a few clicks away from your new business name
Every name is available to buy with an exact match .com domain
You can even choose from 3 high quality original logo designs
What makes a great company name idea?
There are several qualities that go into making a successful brand name:
- They’re easy to spell and say – and this makes them easy to remember
- They avoid being descriptive and bland, and instead generate feelings – this helps customers to connect with a brand
- They focus on originality, because it’s a bad idea to follow the herd. Companies that blend in tend to get ignored
And finally, a strong company name idea is one that’s available with a perfect .com domain – essential for building a brand with long term value.
Find the right name for your business concept
At Novanym, we spend all of our time generating professional name ideas. It’s all we do.
So if you have a great business idea or have ambitious plans to develop your company – but have found it difficult to find the right name – then you’ve come to the right place. At Novanym you’ll find hundreds of best-in-class name ideas for every business sector.
And, vitally, every single Novanym name comes with a no-compromise .com domain, and a logo design. Start browsing for your brilliant new business name now.
Frequently asked questions
Novanym’s business name generator can produce a list of great business name options, tailored to your needs.
Step 1: All you have to do is enter a single keyword that either describes your business or which sums up the main focus of your business. It’s best not to be too specific with this - for example ‘shoes’ is better than ‘sandals’; ‘jewelry’ is better than ‘bracelets’; and ‘investment’ is better than ‘currency arbitrage’.
Step 2: Then select the industry sector that best describes your business. If you’re not sure - don’t worry, you can come back and try a different option later.
Step 3: Lastly, choose the style of name that you’re looking for. Even though they’re not dictionary words, these invented names can still convey a character or personality …and this can say something about the business behind the name. Only you will know whether you would feel more comfortable with a modern name or a traditional one; a name that’s elegant and stylish or one that conveys a sense of dynamism.
That’s it. Enter these three parameters into our algorithm and we'll generate some great name options for you. The names that we think are our best options are nearest the top - and because our names are not designed to be literal and descriptive, we’ll show you some great name ideas that might be less obvious choices …and you might find some options that work for you anywhere in the list.
If you want to try entering some different options, just choose ‘reset’ at the top of the page and have another go.
Remember, each name we show you is available to buy today with the exact-match .com domain that’s an essential element in building and protecting your brand. You can also choose one of three professional logo designs. With one online purchase you can be named, branded and ready to go.
If you’re trying to pick a great business name from a shortlist, or trying to come up with a name form scratch, you might find this checklist useful:
10 qualities of a great business name
1. It’s got an exact match .com
There’s no two ways about it - a .com domain shows you mean business. It gives your business credibility and authority, and it protects your brand name. Can you think of a major brand that doesn’t have a .com domain? Thought not.
2. It’s short and sweet
Short is good, but it’s not just about character count - it's more to do with syllables. A name shoud be quick and easy to say, and easy spell too.
3. It passes the phone test
If the pronunciation isn't obvious, people will struggle to remember your name or pass it on. And if it's awkward, you'll soon get fed-up repeating it 20 times a day when you answer the phone.
4. It’s disintcitve, not weird
Names that break spelling rules are perfectly OK if it’s done with care. But if your brand name is too strange, it becomes distracting. And if customers can't spell your name, they can't search for it online.
5. It has credibility
If you want to be taken seriously, avoid puns and humour. If your business is all about fun - go for it!
6. It’s not a set of initials or an acronym
Although many businesses are just initials, it’s not a great place to start. Initials are anoymous, bland and confusing.
7. If it's invented, is it safe?
Coining entirely new words is full of branding potential …but make sure you check for ambiguity and translation risks (the internet is full of names that seemed a good idea in English, but were hilariously obscene in Spanish or French).
8. It’s suggestive not descriptive
You can't build a brand out of a purely descriptive name - but hinting at the nature of your business is a good idea. If you choose with care, your name can give your target customers an idea about what your business does, its strengths or its benefits.
9. It’s ownable, even if it’s not unique
It’s very rare indeed to find a name that’s not used by someone somehwere in the world. It’s a big place - and we only have 26 letters to choose from. Do some basic online checks to make sure your name is not used by a competitor. And check for registered trademarks in your country or region. But don’t obsess about uniqueness. If you’ve got the .com domain, you’re the only one that matters.
10. It doesn’t paint you into a corner
A good name is name is open to interpretation and doesn’t limit your options. Even if you're fully focused on the here and now, you may regret being overly specific when you want to develop or expand your business later.
In an ideal world, you would come up with a business name yourself. But it’s not easy. Especially when you know you want to have a no-compromise .com domain.
You’re focused on your business and you have big plans - you don’t want to delay things because you don’t have a name.
Buying a brand name solves this problem - fast.
By choosing from a selection of names that have been developed by branding experts, you know that the name has the qualities that make an effective business brand name. And you only pay for a name when you know you like it.
And if you buy a name from Novanym you’ll also know that it comes with the perfect .com domain that turns a good business name into a great brand name.
1. Using a .com address tells people that you mean business. All serious businesses use the .com domain. It adds credibility and authority from Day One.
2. Owning the exact match .com can put your mind at rest - it shows that no major-player competitor is using your name, and it’s a great indication that your ideal name isn’t ubiquitous.
3. Owning the .com protects your brand name. No major business is going to use your name in the future, because they can’t own the .com domain.
4. Adding extra words or hyphens to your brand name to create a compromised web address confuses your branding. Your brand name should be the name your customers use when they think or talk about you. Adding a .com to your name doesn’t alter that.
5. It’s the world’s default. The .com domain has been around for over 30 years, so everyone recognises it as a web address.
6. Using a .com address means that your customers and potential customers don’t have anything else to remember. They remember your name, so they’ll remember your web and email addresses, too.
7. It’s global and universal. If your business deals with customers outside of your home country, or might do in the future, operating with a country-specific address could be confusing and limiting.