How to find a business name with Novanym
Finding a great business name isn't easy - especially if you want it to become a brand name.
Novanym can help.
We're experienced branding specialists and we've created a selection of business names that are unique and memorable, and have character.
The one thing they're not is literal, functional names, which describe exactly what a business does.
But they can still say a lot about a business and they have the potential to become brand names. And, most importantly, they come with a perfect .com domain which gives them even more brand authority.
We know that naming your business is both personal and subjective - not everyone likes the same names - and we don't know anything about your particular business. So how do you go about finding a name that's right for you and your business using Novanym?
There are three ways you can search for name
1. Browse our entire selection
- Opt to 'view all names' and browse our entire collection. We have around 400 names, so it will take a few minutes, but it's probably the best way to start. You won't like all the names you see, but some will catch your attention and will feel like a good fit for your business.
- To help you build a list of names to consider, you can use our handy Shortlist function - to build your Shortlist, just click on the heart icon when you hover over a name you like. You can review your shortlist by clicking on the ♥ Shortlist link at the very top of every page on the Novanym website.
- Try out your shortlisted names with friends and colleagues using the share buttons on your Shortlist page. Use Google to search to make sure that the name you're considering (or something very close to it) isn't being used by a competitor.
- Finally, we recommend that you trust your instincts: if the name feels right and resonates with you, then make it yours.
2. Use our filters
- Once you've selected 'View all names' you'll see that on the right hand side, just above the grid of names, there is a box labelled 'FILTER BY'. If you click on this, you'll see that we have organised our names into broad categories.
- You can choose to look at names organised by price according to your budget, or by business sector. You can even choose to view our 'Collections' which have been grouped together by industry sector and mood.
- These categories are really meant as a guide not a strict rule. So, for instance, we have grouped together products that we think would make great names for Software business, or a great brand name for a Real Estate agency.